Paul has been a councillor on Lichfield City and District Councils for Chadsmead ward since 2016 and was re-elected in May 2019 and 2023.
As a very active and committed councillor, Paul has a proven track record for taking time to deal with local residents' issues relating to planning, housing, public nuisance, traffic, road safety to name a few.
Paul is also a vocal and strong campaigner for the interests of residents including on the following issues;
- the need for infrastructure to support the new housing in our area; GP surgeries, roads and schools etc. These are beyond stretching point;
- the need for more affordable housing for residents - and their children and grandchildren. Housing is just too expensive especially for young people and their families.
- better leisure facilities for all - the campaign to overturn the Conservatives’ terrible decision to close the Friary Grange Leisure Centre was won and Paul had an active role in that. But leisure is still under provided for especially for the younger generation;
- the climate change emergency is real and we need specific policies from our local councils to tackle this. Paul has specifically campaigned for Lichfield District Council to bring forward a policy to require all taxis operating in our area to be electric/hybrid. That would have a real impact on reducing emissions; and
- bringing more employment to our district. There is a very high percentage of workers who commute out of Lichfield. Lichfield District Council should be selling the Lichfield District to central government to attract government jobs as has been achieved in Wolverhampton.
Away from Paul’s role as a councillor, he is a partner in a law firm and specialises in finance law advising in the private and public sectors. As finance is key to any business or organisation, Paul's work gives him very relevant experience of the pressures affecting business and the public sector. He is married with three children and has family of all generations living in Lichfield which gives him good understanding of the issues affecting all age groups in our area.
Contact me on 07771 856931, firstname.lastname@example.org
I have lived in Chadsmead Ward for the last nine years with my wife and two young children. I am a criminal lawyer working in the civil service and am passionate about preserving a strong and effective public sector. I was proud to serve Chadsmead residents as a councillor on Lichfield City Council from 2019-2023; and I was honoured to be elected in May 2023 as a councillor for the same ward on Lichfield District Council. I am committed to working hard for the residents of Chadsmead Ward; and I promise to be a confident voice for local people, ensuring that their views are taken seriously by the District Council and are acted upon. I will also work to promote fairness and decency in local politics, whilst working to address the challenges of the times: the cost of living, the crisis in our public services, and the climate emergency. Please contact me with any local issues, using the below contact details.
Contact me on 07789 954875, email@example.com
After returning to the UK from Japan in 2016, I renewed my relationship with the Liberal Democrats (I had been a Young Liberal in my youth), and was elected as a City Councillor for Garrick Road ward (now part of Chadsmead) in 2019. Working with other Lib Dem councillors, and in various volunteer activities, including helping with Places of Welcome, and Covid vaccination clinics in Lichfield and Tamworth, I have experienced great satisfaction in being able to improve the lives of others. I now look forward to being able to continue with this as a City Councillor representing Chadsmead. I sit on the City Council’s Grants and Neighbourhood Plan groups and work with outside bodies such as the Historic Parks group.
Contact me on 07957 584658, firstname.lastname@example.org